August 13, 2012

Guestroom, Complete!

Aside from finishing my dresser, I painted the guestroom. I wanted to decorate in a way that my guests would feel at home without feeling overwhelmed with family pictures, clunky wall decor, etc. I went on a mission one Saturday, I hit up Target first. They had this wooden floor vase on sale for $10. Michaels had some flowers for it on sale for $2. I had some old, handled, ceramic crocks that I threw in there. I then found some doilies at my favorite antique shop for $0.75 each. I painted them green and displayed them in front of a piece of scrapbook paper and hung them on the wall. The frames are from Hobby Lobby, probably the most expensive thing in the room. Finally, my little vintage mirror was picked up at a (usually) overpriced antique store, for $5.





No comments:

Post a Comment