August 18, 2012

Finished table

It only took me two days but I've finished my table. I think it looks amazing. It's too tall to use as an end table. So I decided to put it in the "foyer" as a hallway table. I've been looking for one to go there for some time and I'm so happy that it worked out the way it did!! If you're wondering about the plans I used, you can see them here.

Bear booty made it in the picture!



I learned a couple of things about woodworking on the way.

When cutting the wood and it calls for off square, this means instead of the wood laying down flat, it stands up on it's smaller side.

Always double check what you're supposed to cut. Triple check it even! I ended up having to go back and re-cutting the wood because I didn't read that it said not parallel to the other side.

Use glue for the leg supports, otherwise they will turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment