September 4, 2012

Console Table

It's the second week of school and already I've gone stir crazy. I have this weird need to always be doing something, I can't just sit still. Last week after my classes were done and the homework was finished, I wanted to get my hands on something. Something. Something to measure, cut, sand, stain, and seal. I just needed to decide what would fit in my budget.

I decided on a console table. But not just any console table. It was going to be custom, completely not according to the plans. This table has to fit in a space that's in the corner of my living room, where my glass coffee table presently sits. This console table will serve many purposes in this room. Not only will it hold some family pictures, wedding pictures, Bear pictures, but it can also hold those cozy blankets that are needed in the dead of our South Dakota winter. The shelves can also hold cute little baskets for random things we keep in that room (how about the one million remotes we have?!) So anyway, I went after school to the trusty Lowe's and picked out some (straight) pieces of wood. The original plan is 74 inches long (holy crap!), but I am cutting it down to 46 inches to fit between the wall and the french doors. The original plan also has the table 16.5 inches deep, however, I love the (actual) width of my coffee table I have now, so it will be close to 20 or so inches wide. I'm really, really hoping that my dimension turn out right. If not, we are going to have fun with some target practice. I will write up another post when I'm finished and it's finally in my house! But for now, it's patiently waiting to be cut in the garage as I finish dinner.

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment