September 15, 2012

Finished Console Table

I was SO excited to finally get this table into my house and share it with all of you! The materials were about $35 and with my hectic life and crazy schedule, I finished it in a little over a week. You can find the plans here on Ana White's website. If you haven't checked it out yet, I highly suggest doing so!

Here's my finished product.



I think it fits PERFECT in this little corner of the theater room. I'm going to look into getting some baskets for at least the bottom shelves so hid those pesky remotes and such that are sitting on the entertainment stand.
You'll also notice that my table is way off from what the plans have. Since I built it for this specific space, I shortened the length of it but also made it wider from front to back. The original plans would have run into into the door that's to the right. My old coffee table sat here, so I went off those dimensions.

What I learned:
If you do decide to tweak the plan, be sure to take into consideration that a 2x4 isn't actually 4 inches wide. The same goes for 2x6's (the bottom two shelves are made of 2x6 wood).

This was a fun project for me to work on since I could spread it out by doing a little bit at a time.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my most recent piece!

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment