April 21, 2013

Floating ledges

So this is the first woodworking project I've made. It's just taken me 8 months to get them up! This are called $10 ledges, however, it was leftover wood from cutting, so essentially they were free. You can find the plans here. In addition to the glue, I used finishing nails to make sure the pieces were really on there good. The husband helped me put them up. Here are the ones I put in our bedroom.





Then the other one that's in the living room



These were super easy to make and they look awesome!! Every time I go into a thrift store, unique bottles always catch my eye. I've been collecting them since we've moved into the house, so it's nice to finally get them up and filled! And if you haven't noticed, I LOVE fake flowers. They are everywhere in the house. 
I haven't forgotten about my bookcase. It's half way done and is sitting in the garage. The final week of nursing school is upon me, so I've been a bit preoccupied with getting that finished.

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment