June 30, 2012

Curtains

So while my mother was here, we decided to make a set of curtains for my odd windows in the guestroom. We went to Hancock, Hobby Lobby and a local store in Rapid City called Fabric City. I settled on a fabric of a beautiful cream base with brown flowers for about $35. I got it home and ready to be cut and found out I was short by a little bit so I had to put that one aside for something else. So our adventure took us back to Hobby Lobby where I found this awesome baby blue base with cream and white leaves and branches. Oh and I forgot to mention...I got that bed for free! This was definitely a great find.

Here's a before picture.

I don't have a pattern as my mother has been making curtains for years. But we ended up making two curtains in about 2 hours. I was ironing everything while my mother sewed the curtains (she's awesome at sewing in straight lines!!!)

I know they look like they have Christmas trees, but it's branches and leaves!


So it's a start to my guestroom makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment