July 31, 2012

Awesome DIY Photo Canvas

My next projects was to put something on my leftover canvas. I search on Pintrest what I could do and low and behold, I found this. I ended up getting prints made at Sam's Club. I got one 16x20 for about $5.95, two 11x14 for $2.87 and two 8x10 for $1.46 each. All prints for $15.50. Not a bad deal at all! Sam's Club also prints in matte, which is what I recommend. I've head if you use glossy with mod podge, the picture will bubble up and not look very good. I had to buy the mod podge, but I used my 40% off coupon so I got it for about $2.50. I also got the 11x14 and 8x10 canvases from Hobby Lobby for about $10 for all of them. I cannot believe how SUPER easy these were to make!

I started by cutting the photos to be able 0.5 inches from the sides. I then covered the canvas and the back of the photo in mod podge, stuck the picture on the canvas and straightened it out. I then paint black acrylic paint with a sponge brush along the sides of the pictures. After that I mod podged the whole thing, let it dry then hung em up!



South Dakota sunset!

Seattle.


This one is my 16x20. This is displayed in my room!

No comments:

Post a Comment