January 16, 2012

R-E-C-Y-C-L-E!

So where I live up in the middle of no where, we sadly do not recycle. It breaks my heart to see all of the milk jugs, glass jars and newspaper get thrown into the dump. After visiting my parents for two weeks in Florida and seeing what kind of recycling program was put in place, I decided to change things in my own household. I went out and bought a small trash can. I researched on where I could drop off my cardboard, plastics, glass and newspaper and stumbled upon this for recycling in Rapid City. I understand that the cities require a large amount of money to put such programs in place. Rapid City already has a recycling program, it just hasn't extended to out outer skirts just yet. So I'm doing everything I can to recycle until they put it in place. I encourage you, if you don't already recycle, to think about it. Just take a moment and think about the amount of things in your garbage you can recycle and think about how long it's going to sit in the landfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment